My love story: the meeting!

Isn't it funny how much your life changes when you meet "the one"? Well, for my readers who do not know me; I have recen...


Isn't it funny how much your life changes when you meet "the one"?

Well, for my readers who do not know me; I have recently gotten engaged! Woo-hoo!

The way Brice and I met can be defined in two ways, depending on how romantic you are. To me it was fate but to others it can be simply be described as meeting through  friend.

I had moved to town about a year before and was still in the process of making friends. Then, a couple of months into my job as a staff writer at the local newspaper, I had an interview for a story with a guy who was around the same age as me. He and I became pretty good friends over the following months and would often go see movies together or get together with other friends and play board games.

One night last spring, my friend sent me a text message asking if I wanted to go out for supper and then go see the new version of the Wizard of Oz.

Of course I did! So I showed up at the restaurant and he had a friend along (it was Brice). We chatted a bit during supper and I thought he was nice enough. Good thing he was wearing a conversation starter as a t shirt.

Then when we got to the movie theater, which only accepts cash, Brice realized he had no cash. I did so I paid for his movie (my how the tables have turned since then).

Later that night, after the movie, Brice was headed to the Firemen's Dance in town and invited us all to join him. Both of us declined and we all parted ways. 

But, as luck would have it, I was asked by someone else (yes I was asked by another boy) if I wanted to go to the dance. I did which meant I got the chance to learn more about Brice. We sat and chatted much of the night and even made plans to meet up with a group of friends the next weekend. 

I'd like to say the rest was history but the meeting was just the beginning of a very great love story! Stayed tuned for the next chapter in the story -- the making of plans!

Now how about your love story? Are you in love? How did you meet? 

Please! Share your thoughts or responses with me in the comments!

You Might Also Like

2 comments

Flickr Images